Hello and welcome to a Friday post! I’m so sorry that i have been very inactive this week. It has been a very busy and stressful week. I will definitely be talking about it in a blog post relatively soon.
I do not want to take all the credit for this recipe. It is actually by Jamie Oliver who is an amazing chef. I just thought i would tell you just in-case you needed a delicious recipe with the easiest ingredients. Without further-ado, the fluffiest, lightest, softest, and yummiest pancakes i have ever made.
- 3 large eggs
- 115 grams of plain flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder (not baking soda; there is a difference which i did not know)
- 140 ml of whole milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- and my added ingredient, which is a pinch or two of granulated white sugar
- Separate the yolk from the egg white; yolk in a bigger bowl and white in a smaller bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, milk, and sugar to the yolk and mix till it is a thick batter. I used an ‘old-school’ hand whisk for this step
- Next, use an automatic hand mixer and whisk the egg whites and salt until they form stiff peaks
- Then, gently fold the whites into the batter.
- And, finally, its time to cook the pancakes! I used a ladle to make the perfect size and even tried a cookie cutter! Just keep in mind that you should probably grease your mold before you cook it, as i did not.
(If you use a ladle, it makes 5-7 large pancakes.)
Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoyed this! Please comment any suggestions, feedback, or questions below. And don’t forget to follow for weekly posts! BYE BYE!